GED (General Educational Development). It was created in 1942 during World War II. It was originally designed to allow war veterans to earn a degree equivalent to a high school diploma, and thus allow them access to their university studies. Since then, the GED has been written by over 17 million students!
One in 9 high school diplomas in the United States are GED graduates, and 1 in 20 college graduates have GED diplomas.
Why do I need a GED?
It is a fact that young people who do not finish high school earn less money, have a lower standard of living, and are forced to have multiple jobs to support their families.
It is very difficult to get a job without a preparation diploma or a GED. You also cannot enter college or most technical schools without one of these diplomas. People who have a GED or a high school diploma earn more money than those who don’t.
Benefits of earning the GED Diploma at Cyber School
- It will allow them to obtain a certificate/diploma confirming that they have obtained a secondary level in terms of academic knowledge and skills.
- The five content areas that are assessed on the GED test are: math, science, social studies, writing/reading language study.
- You can upgrade to the Premium Offer which includes valuable additional subjects such as Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Cyber School English and the How to Study course, skills that will greatly enhance your future career prospects.
- For those students who wish to continue their tertiary studies, the GED® and SAT exams are a minimum requirement.
- We offer our Level 2 GED students access to our GED mock exams. All GED Level 2 students will be charged a small fee of $14 for these simulated tests in February of their GED L2 year. Students can take these tests over and over, a great way to prepare for reality!
- The GED exam can be taken anytime throughout the year, so you don’t have to wait months for specific exam dates. Schedule your exam when you and your teacher know you are ready.
- GED tests last approximately seven hours and 35 minutes.
- The cost of taking the GED tests varies from state to state. Please check with your state’s GED administrator.
While we focus on GED preparation, we also focus on providing a holistic and broad-based educational foundation for all of our students.
Passing the GED is not the only goal for us. Receiving a complete education is. We try to instill discipline and a work or study ethic and culture that will benefit each student in their further studies, in the workplace and in life in general.
Get your GED Diploma with Cyber School. Visit the High School Diploma section for more information.